Table Of Contents
Muscle Weakness & The Link Between Back Pain & Core Muscles
To get rid of back pain with lasting relief, you need to eliminate muscle weakness in the cores and pelvic floor muscles. The core is like a muscular corset that acts as a unit to stabilize the spine. Individuals with low back pain usually present with muscle weakness in their spinal muscles, lower extremities, abdominal muscles, and pelvic floor muscles.
This article has concentrated on core muscles around the lumbar spine as they tend to atrophy with injury and disuse. Dysfunction of spinal stabilization can lead to faulty movement, joint dysfunction, and pain. Therefore, rehabilitation for the core muscles would prevent re-injury to the spine.
Chiropractic Specialty Center® provides holistic non-surgical treatments for muscle weakness and back pain patients. Back pain patients who present with muscle weakness may have hidden issues such as spinal canal stenosis or slip-discs. The first step to stronger muscles and better back is identifying the link between muscle issuses and back pain, including the hidden ones that caused back pain or led to the weak core or pelvic floor muscles. Contact our main center to get evaluated by the top chiropractor in KL.
Dr. Yama Zafer, D.C., is an award-winning doctor of chiropractic in KL with over 25 years of experience. To schedule an appointment with him, call our center on 03 2093 1000 now.
Abdominal Hollowing For Weak Abdominal Muscles
- Lie on your back and bend both of your knees.
- Try to find a “neutral spine” position – a slight forward curvature in the spine when you are lying on your back.
- Slowly and gently draw the lower abdomen in toward the spine without moving the spine or pelvis.
- Maintain a regular breathing pattern while holding the contraction of the lower abdominal muscles.
- Place two fingers over the lower abdomen region and gently press into the muscles; feel for a slight tension under your fingers with the activation of the muscle.
- Hold the contraction for 5-10 seconds, and repeat the procedure 10-15 times.
Muscle Weakness In Abs Made Better By Abdominal Bracing
- Lie on the back with both knees bent.
- Explore the “neutral spine” position by tilting the pelvis forward and backward.
- Tense abdominal and low back muscles simultaneously without drawing in or flaring out the muscles.
- Hold the contraction for 5-10 seconds.
- Perform 10-15 repetitions, 2-3 sets daily.
- Try to maintain a “neutral spine” position throughout the whole procedure.
- Practice abdominal hollowing and bracing in different positions (seated, standing, and kneel on all fours).
- Combine abdominal hollowing and bracing with pelvic floor muscle contraction (gently contract the pelvic floor muscles as if you are trying to stop urine flow).
- Maintain abdominal hollowing/bracing while performing other exercises.
What Do You Need To Do For Muscle Weakness?
Core muscles are one of the most complex muscles to improve, bringing about uniformity, strength, and stability. And other words, to stabilize and strengthen core muscles, they must be focused and targeted on areas where core muscles are weak or imbalanced. Identifying weaknesses and imbalances and decor is streaky and requires specialized skillsets and expertise. As such, we encourage all patients with poor posture, back pain, or core instabilities to contact Chiropractic Specialty Center® in Kuala Lumpur for a thorough assessment of their muscle weakness by one of the top chiropractors in KL.
If you wish to learn more about posture, or muscles, and back problems that we can stabilize with focused exercise and rehabilitation programs, you may want to see some of our other posts that are related to muscle weakness, core muscles, and poor posture below:
Please visit one of our centers for a thorough assessment of your back pain today. We have several locations that offer clinical physiotherapy and chiropractic in Malaysia for those suffering from back pain.